Saturday, 7 November 2009

after the owls


i was faced with a quandry.

what can i possibly make now? i've done the owl thing, where on earth can i go from here?

last night i was sitting at the table eating beef stew, moaning to nick about my lack of inspiration, whinging about how i want to make stuff, i just don't know what.

i said 'i want to make something Christmassy'

he said 'how about a nativity'

'how about a nativity!' i said back as if it were my idea.

i raced into the sewing room, shut the door, put mistletoe and wine on my ipod and got to work.

ok so i haven't finished yet. by no means, still have animals and gifts from the wise men and the star etc to do yet, but recording my progress on here is so encouraging for me, and really spurs me on to do more.

so here's Mary
(i tried to give her that post-pregnancy bump to be more real)



here's Joseph
(looking a little like a young father christmas in this pic, but doesn't in real life)




and here they are together with Jesus



i've added nifty little buttons to the back,



so you can wind round some string and they can be hung on a tree or on your wall or to a...i don't know. it's up to the owner. i think we are going to hang ours on our tree (which i have persuaded nick to get in just over a week YIPPEE!).

so there you go. a little november nativity.



3 comments:

blue hands said...

brilliant! (and that husband of yours - he's clever too!)

Marian Frizzell said...

love it. :) take all the credit!

Amy said...

Jen these are sooo gorgeous! You are very clever and you are making me wish I could just go home from work and get my sewing machine out, but I can't..... :(
Can't wait to see the rest of them.....hope baby bump is growing well. x