Monday, 29 November 2010

hello cow!

here i am again-phew, twice in a week, i bet you're sick of me!

after a brilliant suggestion from my friend phil i've done the cow, but took pictures at different stages as a kind of tutorial (not that i expect anyone to want to make one)...

ok, so first we have some drawings i did, trying to figure out what a cow actually looks like, then when i had the finished idea i cut it out...
er and then i pinned it to my fabric and cut it out. don't have a photo of that! didn't do any legs or tail or udders cos i sewed them on later.

next i cut out some fabric to fit round my canvas-you can marvel at how straight my edges are...not!

then i cut out the moon and pinned it on like so

and THEN i sewed on the cow and the moon properly!

i added some lacy details to the cow and sewed the writing on, then stapled the fabric to the canvas.
and then my faaaavourite part- i slapped some paint on! although i got a bit too paint-happy, it's a little bit too dark for my liking...hmmm.
but it's too late now, if i can be bothered i might start again one day, but for now the cow is DONE and i'll be back another day with the laughing dog!

3 comments:

popsydaisy said...

aaah, this is LOVELY! a fab idea that I may steal;) maybe with hickory dickory dock, or even the new-fangled dingle dangle scarecrow which is a favourite of my 3 year old x hope you don't mind comments from randoms :) (am a friend of the lovely Alice)
Rachel x

Green Pickles said...

Cuuute! Are you watching Kirstie's homemade home every week on tv? - there are some brilliant projects on there and last week's was free machine embroidery - you would LOVE it!

Hope you're having fun! Can't wait to see the rest!

x

Jen said...

oh how lovely to have you here Rachel!! hickory dickory dock in pictures would work SO well i bet! thanks for stopping by!

and amy, you're so right, am addicted to that programme-have ordered a new embroidery foot for my sewing machine because that episode INSPIRED me so much!! hope you're ok and loving BEING MARRIED!!!

Xxx