Sunday, 2 October 2011

sorry....


i have been a bad blogger of late- apologies!

but i just want to show you a dress i made for bella, out of soft brown material with pink lining.

i'm pretty pleased since it's the first item of clothing i've made where i have completely made up the pattern myself, there's something very satisfying and liberating about designing your own pattern.

but i have to say, measuring your child before making a dress for her is a great idea and i wish i had done that instead of ending up with a skintight dress that i had completely undo in order to add side panels to make it fit!

here she is wearing it as she steals the lid of the laundry bin-cheeky monkey!




6 comments:

Alice said...

Love the heart-shaped pockets!!!!

M.S.F. said...

That is ridiculously adorable. And I agree with Alice about the pockets. If I was having a girl this time around, I think I'd be commissioning one of these.

Katherine said...

It looks gorgeous!

Anne Blladon said...

Mmmm gorgeous! How much do you charge?

Anne said...

Can't believe I can't spell my own name!

Jen said...

ah thanks ladies! You're all very kind!

Anne, i don't think i will ever sell any clothes i make-they are far too scruffy for any child that's not mine!

Xx